Our Special Religious Education Ministry
Our mission is to provide a safe and happy environment in every SRE class taught by our dedicated workers. In particular we desire children to learn what it means to be a good Christian, citizen, and community member.
Our Requirements for Our SRE Teachers
All our teachers must:
1. Undertake a ‘Working with Children’ screening and have received their WWCC clearance authorisation.
2. Go through an induction with the Coordinator and/or Pastor where they are taught the necessity to follow the policies laid out in the following documents where applicable:
- ‘CBC’s WWC Policy’ (in this document we deal with the ministry code of conduct, safe ministry policy, physical conduct policy, SRE Code of Conduct, Social Media Policy and Procedures, Audio-Visual Materials used in School, the need to get material approved, The DOE’s Code of Conduct for SRE teachers, Tips for better Classroom control, etc.). Please click here for more information.
- ‘CBC’s Risk Management document’ (in this document we deal with how to avoid risks in different situations). Please click here for more information.
- ‘CBC’s WHS’. Please click here for more information.
3. Be formally trained to teach SRE in an engaging, exciting, and educating manner. It is during this training that the teacher is taught how to use the curriculum properly. Note: All SRE teachers must use approved curriculum.
The Coordinator and/or Pastor will review the above information on a yearly basis with all SRE teachers in order to keep them abreast to any changes.
When a teacher has been through their initial training, they will be given a letter to hand into the school which will identify the approved provider, the name of the authorised teacher, their date of birth, and contact details.
After the above initial requirements are met, the SRE teacher will then assess their teaching by going through CBC’s Teacher’s Audit. This audit will be turned into the SRE’s trainer who will go through the audit with the SRE teacher, helping them where needed.
We will review this curriculum every five years (e.g. 2025, 2030, etc.) to make sure the curriculum we use is accomplishing the goals of teaching the children how to be good Christians and thus good citizens and community members.
Click on the highlighted ‘Scope & Sequence’ below to see the scope and sequence of our curriculum.
Click on the ‘Strong Kids’ icon below for information about the curriculum we use.
We use the Primary program for kindergarten through year 2 and the Middler program for years 3-6.
Our Complaints Procedures
If you have a complaint against one of our SRE teachers please click here for a complaint form. Please print, fill out, and return via post or email.
Each complaint we receive will be handled in the following way.
- The Pastor shall read the complaint and take the appropriate action.
- The action the Pastor takes is dependent upon the seriousness of the complaint. The action taken may be as simple as speaking with the SRE teacher, or it may be as serious as calling the police.
- The church will try to contact the person who made the complaint within 48 hours.
- The complaint and how the church responded to the complaint will be logged in the church’s database for future reference.
Please be assured that we will endeavour to listen and address any formally raised matter with due diligence