How can I glorify God? There are several ways.
The Bible is clear on this subject. Christians are definitely to glorify God. 1 Cor. 6:20 says, “For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God’s.” But the question comes up, “How can I glorify the Lord?” Well, there are a number of ways that we can find in the scriptures.
The following are verses from the Bible that show you many of the ways that you can glorify God:
1. By getting saved. 2 Thes. 1:10, “When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day.”
2. By Testifying of God’s Deliverance. Ps. 50:15, “And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me.”
3. By Fulfilling God’s Will in Your Life. 2 Thes. 1:11-12, “Wherefore also we pray always for you, that our God would count you worthy of this calling, and fulfil all the good pleasure of his goodness, and the work of faith with power: That the name of our Lord Jesus Christ may be glorified in you, and ye in him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ.”
4. By Praising God. Ps. 86:12, “I will praise thee, O Lord my God, with all my heart: and I will glorify thy name for evermore.”
5. By Thanksgiving and Faith. Rom 1:21, “Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.”
6. By Speaking and Ministering the Truth. 1 Pet 4:11, “If any man speak, let him speak as the oracles of God; if any man minister, let him do it as of the ability which God giveth: that God in all things may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom be praise and dominion for ever and ever.”
7. By Praying (so that God gets glory when the prayers are answered). John 14:13, “And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.”
8. By Winning Souls. John 15:8, “Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.”
9. By Good Works. Matt. 5:16, “Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.”
10. By Sacrificial Giving. 2 Cor 9:13, “Whiles by the experiment of this ministration they glorify God for your professed subjection unto the gospel of Christ, and for your liberal distribution unto them, and unto all men.”
11. By Congregational Like-mindedness. Rom 15:6, “That ye may with one mind and one mouth glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.”
12. By Bearing Reproach. 1 Pet 4:14, “If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are ye; for the spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you: on their part he is evil spoken of, but on your part he is glorified.”
13. By Suffering as a Christian. 1 Pet 4:16, “Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf.”
Now, in that list of thirteen things, there are certainly some areas that you can begin to glorify God. There are also some other areas where you can pray and ask God to help you glorify Him in them. Frankly, there are enough ways to glorify God to keep us busy for the rest of our lives.