The Will of God
The will of God falls into several categories:
- Sanctification – 1 Thes. 4:3-7, that is you are supposed to live a holy life.
- Thanksgiving – 1 Thes. 5:18, that is you are to be thankful in everything.
- Witnessing – 2 Pet. 3:9, that is you are to witness (Acts 1:8) so that the lost can be saved.
- Submission – 1 Pet. 2:13-15, that is you are to obey the ordinances of men, unless they contradict the clear will of God (Acts 4:19-20; 5:29).
- Transformation – Rom. 12:1-2, that is you are to not be conformed to this world but rather to be transformed by the renewing of your mind and to be conformed to the image of Jesus Christ.
- Service – Eph. 6:5-8, that is you are to serve others as if you were serving the Lord Jesus Christ, himself.
The Plan of God
God wills that all believers do the things above. Set about to do the will of God and His plan will begin to unfold for you. Here are some helpful scriptures on discerning His plans for your life.
- Live by faith and not by sight – 2 Cor. 5:7
- Stay in the Bible – Rom. 10:17; Ps. 119:105. Believe what you read and follow it humbly.
- Pray over every decision – Phil. 4:6-7
- Seek wise counsel – Eph. 4:11; Prov. 13:20, that is once you have sought the Lord in the Bible, trusted Him by faith and prayed, you may want to check your decision with 2 or 3 wise counselors.