Cornerstone Baptist Church is an Independent King James Bible Believing Baptist Church which
We believe holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost, giving us the words of God. We further believe God had his words written down in books. The words God had written down were the inspired words of God: they were the scriptures. We believe the scriptures were then preserved through the ages and delivered to us in the universal language of the last days—English. We believe the scriptures can be found in the King James Bible. Thus, we believe that the King James Bible is the exact, precise, perfect reproduction of the originals. Truly the King James Bible is the perfect preserved inspired words of God!
- We believe that salvation is by grace through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast (Ephesians 2:8-9).
- We believe in the Trinity as is found in 1 John 5:7; that God the Father, Jesus Christ the Son, and the Holy Spirit are one (see also John 1:1 and 1 Timothy 3:16).
- We believe in the miracles of the Bible, just as they are written. Therefore, we preach the Virgin Birth of Jesus Christ (Isaiah 7:14), his miracles, the fact that he lived a perfect, sinless life, died on a cross, shed His blood as an atonement for our sin, and rose from the dead on the third day
(1 Corinthians 15:3-4).
- We believe in a literal heaven and hell (Acts 1:11; Revelation 20:11-15).
- We believe in the translation of the church, consisting only of saved believers (1 Thessalonians 4:13-17), which will mark the beginning of a seven-year period of great deceptions, diseases, and disasters known as the time of Jacob’s trouble (Matthew 24, Jeremiah 30:7), followed by the Lord Jesus Christ literally coming to this earth and taking over as King of kings to rule and reign for one thousand years (Revelation 19-20).
In short, we believe the King James Bible is the perfect words of the perfect God and thus the Bible is our final authority and not